Sunday, October 21, 2007

So, close


Well, Lewis Hamilton, the fresh-faced sensation of the F1 circuit this year, wasn't able to become the first rookie to win the drivers championship after all. Problems with his McLaren early in the race set him back, and he finished seventh.

He was quoted as saying, "Obviously I am pretty disappointed with the result today, having lead for so much of the season and then not to win the championship. However I have to put the result into perspective, this is only my first year in Formula One and overall it has just been phenomenal. I am still very young and have plenty more years in me to achieve my dream of becoming world champion.”

Finn Kimi Raikkonen locked up the Formula One World Drivers' Championship with a first place finish at the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend.

But Hamilton was able to really make the F1 season exciting. I look forward to watching what he can do next season to set things on fire.

No comments: