Sunday, March 30, 2008

E3 2007 blogroll


Last summer, I was in Santa Monica, Cali., covering the E3 Media & Business Summit from Tuesday, July 9 through Friday, July 13. I’m loading my posts from the show here, for posterity, y’know?

Monday, July 9, 9:30 a.m.

The traditional, annual Electronic Entertainment Expo has been replaced by the new E3 Media & Business Summit.

What that means is that instead of 50,000 gaming fanatics running around downtown Los Angeles in May, 3,000 video game journalists will be swaggering down the Santa Monica boardwalk in July.

And I get to be one of them.

Since I'm such a sharing guy, I'll be sharing my E3 2007 experience with you here. I'll be attending the press briefings staged by Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, and have meetings with the major video game publishers from around the world.

What I discover I will pass along to you.

While the average fan won't be able to get in on the action this year, you will be able to get a sense of what Microsoft Xbox is up to in California, though, courtesy of Xbox LIVE.

Starting on July 10, you can access E3: Bringing it Home, which offers downloads of Microsoft content from the show, including trailers, gamer pictures, and demos from upcoming games such as Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Guitar Hero III, and Lost Odyssey.

They'll also be providing access to video updates directly from the show.

If you're kicking around online, you can also visit E3 Insider, produced by GameTrailers. They'll have all game trailers released at the show in addition to interviews with "top industry players".

But for a real insider's peek at the E3 action, stay tuned to this blog for regular updates on what the video game developers and publishers have planned for you in the next year. I'll be updating regularly starting with the Xbox press briefing on Tuesday, July 10.



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: