Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Getting extreme with Dark Sector


Dark Sector is a new video game developed by London, Ontario's Digital Extremes (co-creator of Unreal) and published by D3Publisher, and it shipped to retailers today.

It's a dark, mature-themed game (seriously: this game is not for kids) set in a "decaying Eastern European city". You'll play as Hayden Tenno, an elite black-ops agent who is attacked and wakes to find that he has been, well, altered.

Look closely at the image here and you'll see that Tenno is armed with what can only be described as the Glaive from Krull. Nice weapon.

It'll be on shelves in the next week or so, and is available for PS3 and Xbox 360.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

rawbean said...

Should I keep coming to your blog even though I don't play video games?

Blaine Kyllo said...

I do write about other things. Music, movies, television, tech and gadgets. I hope there's enough interesting stuff here that you don't need to play video games to want to visit regularly.

Not all video game stuff is exclusive to gamers, either. Are you telling me you didn't get a kick out of that Lagerfeld-branded Xbox 360?

rawbean said...

Maybe I can ask a question:

Dear Giga Byte Me,

I have a PS2 but only have two games: Katamari and a disc (disc?) of old arcade games like PacMan. I have played a total of 20 minutes since receiving the PS2. What should I do now? PS I also like the sims.

Lagerfeld....as in Karl Lagerfeld? That sounds crazy!